Move from Lotus Notes/Domino
to Google Apps
One of the unique strengths of Agosto is that we were Lotus experts before we were Google experts. With over 25 years of combined Lotus/Domino system administration, application development, operations and support experience, our Lotus veterans will understand the unique requirements of your environment, regardless of your current Lotus Notes/Domino platform version or total number of users.
Lotus Notes/Domino Specialized Approach
Lotus Notes/Domino migrations are different. These migrations often require special consideration in a number of areas. These factors, which we discuss extensively with you during the Planning and Pilot phases, include:
- Mail Coexistence/Routing. When we migrate your company’s early adopters to Google Apps, other members of your organization are still going to be on Lotus Notes until we complete the migration, leaving both platforms operational for some period of time. Managing coexistence and ensuring that everyone still communicates without difficulty is paramount during this phase.
- Free/Busy Time. Much like mail coexistence, availability of querying calendar Free/Busy time is a requirement we meet to smooth your transition. Users on Notes and users on Google Apps will still be able to see and overlay each other’s calendars.
- Directory Synchronization. Likewise, directory sync ensures that users on both platforms can access each other’s contact information to easily communicate with co-workers.
- Data Migration. Our team will walk you through the options concerning the migration of mail, calendar and contact data. Depending on how comprehensively your personnel uses mail, calendar and contacts, this phase can be one of the most time consuming, but arguably the most important.
- Domino Applications. Many organizations have built custom applications on Lotus Domino. As part of a migration to Google Apps, we will analyze your application portfolio and design a strategy for migrating the most commonly used applications to an alternate platform.
To get started with Google, contact us.